Potential for location: Lancaster
Digital Transit are looking to recruit Software Assessment Engineer to join our rapidly growing Safety Critical Software in Rail (SCSR) assessment team. Our current work streams involve assessing software for Driver Vigilance System, Automatic Door Opening, Safety Camera systems and remote High-Voltage traction switching. We are working with system suppliers to ensure that the systems are compliant with the main standard for software safety on the railway – EN50128.
The successful candidates will be able to work with our clients to provide Software Assessment to support new and in-service systems. The majority of the work will be providing Software Assessment support within the Rail environment focused on the creation of software assessment and certification artefacts against the EN50128 standard. We have a great team and work for clients in the UK, Mainland Europe, Australia, China and North America. We are also working with Universities to explore how AI will impact safety systems for autonomous systems such as self-driving trains and trams.
Having a sound technical grounding and future potential, the successful candidate will assist and ultimately take ownership of interesting and important safety projects.
Requirements: The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements: ·
- A good degree in Computer Science or Software Development (we would consider non-graduates who have potential to study further)
- Experience of working on large, complex software development projects, ideally in an engineering environment
- An understanding of the software development life-cycle, from requirements through to delivery and subsequent maintenance.
- an appreciation of how standards such as EN50128 and/or EN50567 provide the assurance that complex software systems can be developed in a reliable and safe manner.
- general understanding of engineering and project management principles and practice
- Real enthusiasm for understanding how rigour is required to produce reliable software.
- A person who has an eye for detail and the tenacity to verify that code, processes and documents have been produced with sufficient rigour.
It is to your advantage if you meet some or all the following additional requirements:
- Background in testing
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good business acumen
This role requires a good appreciation and interest in the rigour of producing high-quality, safe and reliable software.
Full training will be provided in the standards both through formal courses and knowledge transfer within the company.
If you wish to apply, please send your CV and Covering Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org