Location: City Lab, Lancaster LA1 1PP
Digital Transit Limited (DTL) is a railway technology business that specializes in Data Analytics, Autonomous Vision, Cyber-Security, and software assessment.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Computer Science, Engineering or Data Science Graduate to join our dynamic team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career in cutting edge applications and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
Based in the City Lab in Lancaster, DTL has ambitions to be a high value company and the potential value of the company is always foremost in our decision making. We are increasingly building upon our railway safety and systems engineering expertise with research and product development in Machine Learning, Autonomous Vision, Software development and the digital railway. These technologies will augment existing operations and help build a more resilient railway.
Working within our development team, you will help lead DTL’s development in the area of autonomous vision systems for monitoring railway stations and trains. We have won a large contract to conduct a research project funded by the Government to develop a means of screening trains for threats using CCTV cameras, for detecting safety issues and for monitoring the overhead line power system.
We will provide mentoring and a friendly interactive environment for you to get up to speed and help us develop the systems we are working on. Work can be in the DTL office or home working by agreement. We work a 4 day week.
- To help and take ownership of various products including:
- Autonomous Vision System
- To develop code and use appropriate tools and libraries.
- To perform various testing methods to verify the quality of written code.
- To deploy developed software onto, for example, a Jetson Xavier in a manner that will allow functioning of the system and enable interfacing with other equipment via Wi-Fi, ethernet, LoRa etc. as necessary.
- To collaborate with academic staff and researchers at universities such as Durham and Huddersfield.
- To adhere and help to improve business systems in line with ISO9001:2015
Skills and Attributes
- Good coding skills, typically in some of: C++, Python, Java, R
- Knowledge and/or interest in commonly used development and deployment technologies such as Git and Docker.
- Ability to work on projects involving operational staff, engineers, academics and administrators.
- Open minded with the skills necessary to contribute to regular scrums and brain storming sessions.
- Able to switch regularly between projects depending upon priorities.
- Knowledge of computer vision libraries (such as OpenCV) and techniques.
- System/hardware integration.
- The ability to take ownership of an opportunity and take it through to the completion of artefacts that have real value and will contribute the value of DTL..
Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or Data Science.
We will support you in relationship to becoming a Chartered Engineer or IT Developer. You will be enrolled on a pension scheme after the 3 months probationary period.
We will only respond to applicants with permission to work in the UK.
If you wish to apply, please send your CV and Covering Letter to: email@example.com